Welcome to Cebu City!
WEATHER BULLETIN NUMBER SIXLast Updated on Friday, 19 September 2014 09:36
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING: TROPICAL STORM “MARIO” (FUNG-WONG)
ISSUED AT 5:00 AM, 19 SEPTEMBER 2014
TROPICAL STORM “MARIO” HAS INTENSIFIED AND SLOWED DOWN AS IT MOVES TOWARDS NORTHERN LUZON.
Location of eye/center: At 4:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Storm “MARIO” was estimated based on radar and all available data at 212 km East of Casiguran, Aurora (16.1°N, 124.1°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 85 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 100 kph.
Movement: Forecast to move West Northwest at 22 kph.
Forecast Positions: Tropical Storm “MARIO” is expected to be at 91 km North Northeast of Laoag City, Ilocos Norte by tomorrow morning and at 195 km Northwest of Basco, Batanes by Sunday morning. By Monday morning, it is expected to be at 643 km North Northeast of Basco, Batanes or outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR).
PSWS # 2 (Winds of 61-100 kph is expected in at least 24 hrs) Cagayan including Calayan and Babuyan Group of Islands, Isabela, Kalinga, Apayao, Mt. Province, Abra and Ilocos Norte
PSWS #1 (Winds of 30-60 kph is expected in at least 36 hours) Aurora, Quirino, Nueva Vizcaya, Ifugao, Benguet, Ilocos Sur, La Union and Batanes Group of Islands
• Public storms warning signals elsewhere are now lowered.
• Residents in low lying and mountainous areas under signal #2 and #1 are alerted against possible flashfloods and landslides.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 7 – 20 mm per hour (moderate - intense) within the 350 km diameter of the Tropical Storm.
• The combined effect of Southwest Monsoon and TS “MARIO” will bring moderate to heavy rains and thunderstorms in Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon which may trigger flashfloods and landslides.
• Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the western seaboard of central Luzon, seaboards of southern Luzon and Visayas and eastern seaboard of Mindanao.
• The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today.
State of Calamity
(CEBU CITY - Public Information Office) Following the heavy downpours yesterday September 18, 2014 Thursday, the City of Cebu is now under State of Calamity as declared by City Council in their Special Session conducted at 2 o'clock this afternoon.
Suspension of Classes
BREAKING NEWS: Cebu City Mayor Michael L Rama upgraded his declaration for the suspension of classes today September 18, 2014 Thursday now for ALL LEVELS in both Public and Private Schools in the 80 barangays comprising this city because of the bad weather. He also encouraged the Private Offices to suspend work but work in Cebu City Hall remains normal. Keep posted for updates and stay safe.
City's coastal and urban clean-up set this Saturday!
(CEBU CITY - Public Information Office) The Cebu City Government headed by Mayor Michael L Rama through its Coastline Management Board and the City River Management Council is preparing for its 36th Coastal Clean-Up and the 32nd Urban Clean-Up this coming September 20, 2014, Saturday.
Bearing the theme, "Sa kanunayng pagpanglimpiyo, sa Kalikopan mapadayag ang pagmahal sa Kinaiyahan," the activity will be participated by the thousands of employees from the city government and from at least 52 participating Barangays of which 32 are Urban and 16 are Coastal areas.
The opening salvo which will start at 6 o'clock in the morning will be conducted near the Barangay Hall of Barangay Tejero.
The quarterly activity is a program of Mayor Rama which he started during his stint as a city councilor to help clean the city and promote this Queen City of the South as the most livable city guided by his mantra which is to straighten what is crooked, clean what is dirty, beautify what is ugly, put fragrance what is obnoxious and put an order on what is chaotic.
Everyone is encouraged to partake in the activity and likewise clean their own backyards and surroundings. Some private organizations will also join in the activity.(By: Greggy Jiggs P. Senados, PIO Staff)
|Page 1 of 94|
Notices & Announcements
- Supply and Delivery 1,715 sheets G.I. Corrugated Sheets 3'x8'(g.26 Standard/.04mm) and other items.
- Procurement of 250 Pieces Burial Assistance (Burial Caskets). See specification in the website.
- Supply and Delivery of 1 Lot Industrial Environment Combined Sewer Cleaner (Wet & Dry). REBID
- Supply and Delivery of 1 Unit Dump Truck(Reconditioned) 110 Horse Power, 4 cylinder.
- Supply and Delivery of 4,000 Pieces T-Shirts during launching of the Children's Month Celebration.