|Brgy. Lorega - San Miguel|
|Industry and Economy|
|Services Offered by the Barangay|
|Projects or Accomplishments|
BARANGAY LOREGA - SAN MIGUEL
BARANGAY OFFICIALS Barangay Captain Hon. Fritzgerald D. Herrera Councilor Hon. Julius I. Yosores Councilor Hon. Rolando V. Comeros Councilor Hon. Glenn Mark Q. Manal Councilor Hon. Nilo A. dela Cerna Councilor Hon. Julius P. Espina Councilor Hon. Danilo A. Fuentes Councilor Hon. Joan E. Babayson
SANGGUNIANG KABATAAN OFFICIALS SK Chairperson Hon. Floyd Vincent D. Herrera Councilor Hon. Arjaymar Hortezano Councilor Hon. Jack Daniel dela Cerna Councilor Hon. Enrik Brio Apuya Councilor Hon. Divine Grace Torno Councilor Hon. Raysza Jane Aquino Councilor Hon. Sophia Lawrence Tanajura Councilor Hon. Arjane Bausing
HISTORYBarangay Lorega – San Miguel got its name from a very popular resident soldier in the name of General Enrique Lorega who died and was buried in the Lorega Municipal Cemetery, and from an equally popular sitio called San Miguel from where the old warehouse of San Miguel Brewery was found in the barangay. Lorega-San Miguel is best known for its old public slaughterhouse which was later modernized at the North Reclamation Area.
Barangay Lorega-San Miguel is composed of 17 sitios, namely:
Proper Itum Yuta Lawis Riverside Creekside Caimito Camanse Sereas San Roque San Miguel Echavez Ext. Laguna Lomar Phantom Laray Quadrangle Canares
Brgy. Lorega-San Miguel is bounded on the north by Brgy. Carreta; on the south, Brgy. Day-as & T. Padilla; on the east, Brgy. Tejero; and on the west by Brgy. Zapatera.
HOW TO REACH BRGY. LOREGA-SAN MIGUEL?
It takes at least 10 minutes to reach Barangay Lorega-San Miguel from Cebu City Hall when taking a jeepney.
NATURAL RESOURCESLahug Creek
LANDMARKSMayor’s Barangay Satellite Complex formerly known was the old Slaughterhouse (ihawan)
Total Population 12, 638 (2011) Voting Population 7,579 Land Area 7.22 sq. km. (13 hectares) Health Center Personnel Physician 1 Dentist 1 Nurse 1 Midwife 1 City Nutrition Scholar (CNS) 1 Brgy. Health Workers (BHW) 6
INDUSTRY & ECONOMY
Major sources of income/occupations butchers, entrails cleaner, sari-sari store, carenderia, other professions Major establishments St. Peter’s Funeral Parlor, Sacred Heart School for Boys (Vocational Courses), Xavierville Condominium Transportation Route to reach Lorega-San Miguel (Via Talamban-bound jeeps) 13B, 13C, 62B, 62C, 65B, 65C or Mabolo-bound (Manalili route) – 03A, 03B or 03L
|SITIO||ORGANIZATION||PATRON SAINTS & FEAST DAYS||CHAPEL PRESIDENT|
|Laguna||SAPURAI – San Antonio de Padua United Residents Assn. Inc.||SAN ANTONIO DE PADUA – every 13th day of June||Chapel Pres. Jorge Verallo
Youth Pres. Darwin Filoteo
|San Miguel||SAMINECOA – San Miguel Neighborhood Community Assn. Inc.||STO. NIÑO – every 3rd Sunday of January
SAN MIGUEL ARCANGEL – every 29th of September
|Pastoral – Lucy Reynes|
|D’CLIQUES||MOTHER OF PERPETUAL HELP – every last Sunday of June||Chapel Pres. Alvin Benjamin|
|Camanse||None||INAHAN SA KANUNAYNG PANABANG – every 1st Wednesday of June||Chapel Pres. Fernando Magdasal|
|Itum Yuta||BSYO – Black Soil Youth Organization||MOTHER OF PERPETUAL HELP – every 3rd Sunday of June||Chapel Pres. Mildred Merino
Youth Pres. John Mark Baracao
|GAMOL – Group of Active Members & Officers of Lorega||BIRHEN SA REGLA – every 3rd Sunday of November||OIC – Leny Amorado
Youth Pres. Jonaliza Gocotano
|Lawis||BSBO – Birhen sa Barangay Organization||OUR LADY OF MT. CARMEL – every 16th day of July||Chapel Pres. Perla Yosores
Youth Pres. Wingel Malabago
|Proper||SSRC – Senor San Roque Chapel||SR. SAN ROQUE – every 3rd Thursday of August||Chapel Pres. Ediltrudes Fuentes
Youth Pres. Rap-rap Maloloy-on
|Canares||LEO – Lorega Echavez Organization||MOTHER OF PERPETUAL HELP – every 4th Sunday of June||Chapel Pres. Annabella Maloloy-on
Youth Pres. Anthony Antiporta
|Caimito||CYO – Caimito Youth Organization||STO. NIÑO – every 3rd Sunday of January
BIRHEN SA GUADALUPE – every 12th day of December
|Chapel Pres. Corazon Carvajal|
|New Road (Branzuela Residence)||SAMAYO – San Miguel, Martirez Young Organization||STA. CRUZ – every 4th Saturday of May||Chapel Pres. William Yap
Youth Pres. Michelle Apuya
|Creekside||UCA – United Creekside Association||OUR LADY OF FATIMA & STA. CRUZ – every 13th of May||OIC – Florentina Falcone|
|Riverside (Alinabon Residence)||RFYO – Riverside Friendship Youth Organization||STO. NIÑO – every last Sunday of January
BIRHEN SA REGLA – every last Saturday of November
|Chapel Pres. Editha Blas
Youth Pres. Johanna Llanos
|Riverside||SRYO – San Roque Youth Organization||SENOR SAN ROQUE – every 16th day of August||Chapel Pres. Johnny Ancajas
Youth Pres. Joseph Buanghug
|Sereas||SYO – Sereas Youth Organization||ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST – every 24th day of June
STO. NIÑO – every 3rd Sunday of January
|Chapel Pres. Anthony Tan
Youth VP – Erwin Belandres
|Lomar||ULO – United Lomar Organization
LBYO – Lomar Brod. Youth Org.
|MOTHER OF PERPETUAL HELP – every 1st Saturday of June||Chapel Pres. Fernando Gochoco
Youth Pres. Jessa Gonzales
|San Roque||None||SR. SAN ROQUE – every 15th or 16th day of August (raffle)||Chapel Pres. Flora Dano|
SERVICES OFFERED BY THE BARANGAY
- Barangay tanods conduct patrol operations 24 hours a day. They are aided with a patrol car and handheld radios.
- The barangay officials spearhead the cleanliness drive sprucing up activities under the Barangay Clean & Green Program.
- The health center is manned by a team of medical doctor, a dentist, nurse, midwife and six (6) barangay health workers and a city nutrition scholar.
- Elementary School children are sent to school with the use of a Barangay Minibus from Mondays through Fridays.
- Six (6) months of feeding for malnourished children – a joint effort between the Stop Abuse to Minors Association (SAMA) and the barangay.
- There are three (3) Day Care Centers for preschoolers.
- Annual Celebration of Elderly Week, Womens, PWD, and ERPAT; likewise, basketball and volleyball league for the youth especially the OSY.
- FREE medicines for common illnesses of children and adults.
- Installing and replacement of electric lights/bulbs in every sitio.
- Assisted/referrals of abuse/exploited children to proper agencies.
- Collecting of segregated garbage in two (2) sessions – morning and afternoon.
PROJECTS OR ACCOMPLISHMENTS STARTING YEAR 2000
- Cementing at Sitio Itum Yut, drainage system widening at Sitio Laguna, San Miguel, Sereas, San Roque and Itum Yuta
- Laying of footpath in muddy sitios
- Cementing of barangay hall ground
- Enclosure of 3rd floor barangay hall
- Purchase of one unit mini dump truck and one unit Lite Ace for mobile vehicle
- Construction of 2 Day Care Centers
- Replacement of glass doors and windows of the barangay hall
- Purchase of medicines
- Rip-rapping of Lahug Creek
- Purchase of electrical supplies
- Asphalting of barangay roads initiated by the barangay officials
- Construction of Mayor’s Satellite Complex which features Lying Inn Center, Women’s Center, Children’s Holding Area, Senior Citizens’ Office, SK Office and Sports Area
- Gawad Kalinga Housing Project
- Audio Visual equipment distributed to 3 Day Care Centers
- Fire extinguishers distributed to all sitios in the barangay for fire control
- First Barangay with Wi-Fi connection
- “Pasko sa mga Bata” Celebration every December
- 2nd Placer – Barangay Council for the Protection of Children (BCPC) 2004
- 10 Most Outstanding Barangay BCPC Awardee for 2 consecutive years (2005-2006)
- 10 Most Outstanding Barangay for BCPC Award 2011
- Fritzgerald D. Herrera received the Testimonial of Recognition for Cebu City Youth Development Commission on February 2002
BASKETBALL CLINIC FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS
LOREGA - SAN MIGUEL BARANGAY HALL
Tel Nos. (032) 416-7174 / 416-6971
Brgy. Captain: Hon. Fritzgerald D. Herrera
Tel No. (032) 416-7174
COMPLEX or GAD OFFICE
Tel No. (032) 416-6970