|Market Operations Division|
Cebu City’s Public Markets that are Responsive and Service Oriented to the General Public. Viable Economic Enterprises that are managed by COMPETENT, RELIANT, DEDICATED and HONEST Government Employees.
To develop the Public Markets of Cebu City towards better service to ensure economic viability.
To inculcate the general public the functions and basic operations of the markets, organize and mobilize the stakeholders towards standard and practical, as well as, professional and sound Market Management.
To professionalize the management and operations of the markets through proper education and training of its management staff in terms of market collection and revenue generation.
LIST OF SERVICES
A. Market Administrative Section:
- Procurement of MOOE/CO Items
- Preparation of Annual Procurement Plan
- Preparation of Payroll
- Process Application Leave
- Receives and Delivers incoming and outgoing documents
B. Market Unit Management Section:
- Issuance of Market Certification for Business Permit
- Issuance of Market Certification for Electrical and Water connections
- Issuance of Notice for Market Code Violations
C. Market Appraisal Section:
- Appraisal/Assessment of Market Entrance Fees
- Appraisal/Assessment of Market Space rentals
D. Education & Enforcement Section:
- Enforcement of Rules & Regulation in the Market
- Issuance of apprehension certificate to vendors
- Provide Traffic Services
- Provide Assistance to Market Unit In-Charge
- Educate vendors regarding their violation
- Handling Market Complaints
E. Collection Section:
- Parking Fee
- Electrical Consumption at Ramos Market (for open tarima)
- Renovation of flooring tiles of Unit 1 Carbon Market
- Module Realignment of Freedom Park Market
- Re-Roofing for Taboan
- Renewal of Contracts of Lease
- Renewal of ID’s of the Vendors (Legitimate & Ambulant)
LIST OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Revenue Generation in the calendar year 2009 amounting to Php 47,487,970.52
- Contract of Lease – Renewed about 95% of the contract of lease with the stallholders and/or lessees.
- Issued the notices of violation to every offender of the market code
- Conducted meetings to stallholders for any implementation of rules and regulation within the city markets.
- Attended and participated to any Cebu City Government activities
- Conducted education to vendors through seminars about cleanliness and sanitation within the city markets
- Flushing and Drainage Declogging operation - Conducted regular monthly flushing and drainage declogging operation in its market unit which have been resulted to the clean market drainages.
- Have monitored the proper garbage disposal in all city market units.
- The Market Supervisors in its market unit had conducted daily inspection of stalls/spaces along with its market premises in order to see to it that the passageways and aisles are free from any obstruction and are very accessible to the buying public.
- The Market Police/Market Task Force had regulated the ambulant vendors which are situated at the sidewalks and side streets of the market premises. Estimated confiscated Tables, * Lantay, * Hapag, * Bakat and Weighing Scales as of calendar year 2009:
- Tables - 100 pieces
- Lantay - 300 pieces
- Hapag - 80 pieces
- Bakat - 50 pieces
- Weighing Scales - 1000 pieces
- Perishable Commodities - 2 tons
(Some were returned to the owner with corresponding penalty; some were given to charity institutions such as Asilo, and Community Scout.)
NOTE: Lantay (noun) - a bed made of bamboo slats; Hapag (n.) - round and shallow basket; Bakat (n.) - a hamper or a container that is usually woven and has handles. Translations taken from www.binisaya.com.
Market Operations Division
Telephone #: 253-1324
Head: Raquel Bohol-Arce