(The Freeman, front page | Sun.star Daily, page A2 | November 26, 2010)
Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes feels offended that he was never informed by the Cebu City government on the implementation of Ordinance 1837 banning jeepneys from outisde Cebu City to pass through the main thoroughfares.
Cortes said that he feels bad that Mayor Michael Rama never told him about it when it fact they met at a posh hotel few days before the implementation and that all he wants is just a little respect and be informed of the full implementation of the said ordinance, but until now he did not get any word from Rama.
City Traffic Operations Management Board Chair Sylvan "Jack" Jakosalem said that he already called Cortes last week about the order of Mayor Rama to strictly implement City Ordinance 1837 and in fact apologized if the icty has offended him in any way.
Jakosalem said that Cortes may have been misinformed that a new ordinance will be implemented while in fact they are just tightening the enforcement of a two decade-old ordinance and will be implementing it in a more intelligent and humane way.