- Category: About Cebu City
The Cebu City Transportation Office (CCTO) started installing dashcamera units for Public Utility Jeepneys (PUJ) within Cebu City yesterday.
CCTO Operations Head Francisco Ouano urged PUJ drivers and operators to avail of the free dashcameras. The city government has allocated 1,000 units which will be given on a first come first serve basis. This will run until June 28, 2019 from 9AM to 5PM.
There are different sites for releasing the cameras depending on the area. The designated areas are Lot 27 (Across Natasha) for North Sectors, CITOM Bldg. Ramos Parking Area for Central Sectors; and Gate 3 SRP (Bridge near UC Mambaling) for South Sectors.
To avail of the program, drivers and operators must comply with the following requirements: Photocopy of Driver's License, Photocopy of OR and CR, and Photocopy of Franchise and Confirmation.
They are also reminded to bring their own cigarette lighter socket to make the installation easier and faster.
Ouano said that Cebu City Government is the first to provide free dashcams for PUJ's to ensure the safety of both the drivers and the passengers.
For further queries, the drivers and operators may contact CCTO at 0917 - 722 - 2344.(Jessa Celocia, Margie P. Bulado, Farlash Acenas, & Tito Basilisco/PIO)
- Category: Current News
Finally, the Official Ballots for the 2019 Mid-Term National and Local Elections slated on Monday, May 13, 2019 arrived this morning at Cebu City Hall and was formally turned over to the Office of the Cebu City Treasurer for safekeeping.
Commission on Election (COMELEC) North District Election Officer Atty. Marchel Sarno together with Cebu City Treasurer Arlene Rentuza, and representatives from both camps were present during the turn over.
This will be distributed to 411 clustered precincts for the South District and 348 clustered precincts for the North District starting Sunday, May 12 and early morning of May 13, 2019.
Sarno assured the public that they are now 90% ready while the remaining 10% is for coordination with COMELEC partners. Briefings with teachers and other personnel who will be working during election day is now being undertaken to ensure that all election materials are ready and everything will go on smoothly.
When asked on what security measures that the COMELEC is now preparing, Sarno said they have been coordinating with the local police and barangays that no untoward incidents will happen and that people who will be voting will be safe and secure in their respective polling precincts. (Farlash Acenas & Tito Basilisco/PIO)