(Sun.star Daily, page A10 | November 30, 2010)
- Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama will issue an executive order for city officials to sit with him and discuss of a new sanitary landfill.
- The mayor also urged the private sector to help him find solutions to the landfill problem as it also affects them if it will remain unresolved.
- Rama said development of a new dumpsite is an unfortunate thing he has to face in his administration.
(Cebu Daily News, page 6 | November 30, 2010)
- A proposal to ban firecrackers and the lantaka in the holiday season may be feasible, but Cebu City Mayor Michael L. Rama said enforcing it would be difficult.
- "That's very hard," he siad, ciitng hte long standing tradition of treating the New Year with noise and blasts in Cebur and the rest of the country.
- "if they will do that", it would mean having to erase an old Chinese culture, Rama told CDN.
- Firecracker use per se is not illegal. Certain highpowered types like "super lolo" however, are prohibited.
(The Freeman, page 11 | November 30, 2010)
- Despite his alliance with the opposition party Kugi Uswag Sugbu (KUSUG) Jose Navarro the newly elected barangay captain of Punta Princesa said he will work with Mayor Mike Rama.
- Rama is with the administration group Bando Osmeña Pundok Kauswagan (BOPK) headed by former mayor and current Cebu City South District Rep. Tomas Osmeña.
- In yesterday's turnover ceremony at the Don Vicente Memorial Gym in Punta Princesa. Navarro said he will focus his attnetion on his barangay on his barangay and not on politics.
(The Freeman, page 4 | November 30, 2010)
- Underprivileged children and families in barangay Labangon will receive an early Christmas treat from the Cebu City Government through the Pasko sa Barangay.
- Bundles of joy will be distributed to 300 children and 150 families who are identified by the Department of Social Welfare and Services as underprivileged.
- DSWS Head Cathy Yso said that Labangon was chosen this year because it is the barangay with the highest rate of dengue cases based on the records of the City Health Department.
Your IP: 22.214.171.124
Powered by Cebu City Government