To prevent and suppress destructive fires, enforce fire-related laws; and provide emergency medical and rescue services.
A modern fire protection agency working towards a fire safety conscious society.
The Bureau of Fire Protection was created by virtue of RA 6975 primarily to perform the following functions:
1. Be responsible for the prevention and suppression of all destructive fires on:
- Building, houses and other structures;
- Land transportation vehicles and equipment;
- Ships or vessels docked at piers or wharves anchored in major seaports;
- Petroleum industry installations;
- Plane crashes; and
- Other similar activities
2. Be responsible for the enforcement of the Fire Code of the Philippines (PD 1185) and other related laws;
3. Shall have the power to investigate all causes of fires and if necessary, file the proper complaint with the city or provincial prosecutor who has jurisdiction of the case;
4. In time of national emergency, all elements of the BFP shall upon direction of the President, assist the AFP in meeting the national emergency; and
5. Shall establish at least one (1) fire station with adequate personnel, firefighting facilities and equipment in every provincial capital, city and municipality subject to standard rules and regulations as maybe promulgated by the DILG.
- Next >>