LIST OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Revenue Generation in the calendar year 2009 amounting to Php 47,487,970.52
- Contract of Lease – Renewed about 95% of the contract of lease with the stallholders and/or lessees.
- Issued the notices of violation to every offender of the market code
- Conducted meetings to stallholders for any implementation of rules and regulation within the city markets.
- Attended and participated to any Cebu City Government activities
A. Cleanliness Drive
- Conducted education to vendors through seminars about cleanliness and sanitation within the city markets
- Flushing and Drainage Declogging operation - Conducted regular monthly flushing and drainage declogging operation in its market unit which have been resulted to the clean market drainages.
- Have monitored the proper garbage disposal in all city market units.
- The Market Supervisors in its market unit had conducted daily inspection of stalls/spaces along with its market premises in order to see to it that the passageways and aisles are free from any obstruction and are very accessible to the buying public.
- The Market Police/Market Task Force had regulated the ambulant vendors which are situated at the sidewalks and side streets of the market premises. Estimated confiscated Tables, * Lantay, * Hapag, * Bakat and Weighing Scales as of calendar year 2009:
- Tables - 100 pieces
- Lantay - 300 pieces
(Tables and Lantay were dismantled and given to Com. Scout for firewood.)
- Hapag - 80 pieces
- Bakat - 50 pieces
(Hapag and Bakat were destroyed and disposed as garbage.)
- Weighing Scales - 1000 pieces
(Destroyed by M.A. and turned into scrap.)
- Perishable Commodities - 2 tons
(Some were returned to the owner with corresponding penalty; some were given to charity institutions such as Asilo, and Community Scout.)
NOTE: Lantay (noun) - a bed made of bamboo slats; Hapag (n.) - round and shallow basket; Bakat (n.) - a hamper or a container that is usually woven and has handles. Translations taken from www.binisaya.com.