Page 2 of 6
The Local Government Code of the Philippines (R.A. 7160) defines the following mandate of the City Treasuer:
The treasurer shall take charge of the treasury office, perform the duties provided for under Book II of this Code, and shall:
(1) Advise the governor or mayor, as the case may be, the sanggunian, and other local government and national officials concerned regarding disposition of local government funds, and on such other matters relative to public finance;
(2) Take custody of and exercise proper management of the funds of the local government unit concerned;
(3) Take charge of the disbursement of all local government funds and such other funds the custody of which may be entrusted to him by law or other competent authority;
(4) Inspect private commercial and industrial establishments within the jurisdiction of the local government unit concerned in relation to the implementation of tax ordinances, pursuant to the provisions under Book II of this Code;
(5) Maintain and update the tax information system of the local government unit;
(6) In the case of the provincial treasurer, exercise technical supervision over all treasury offices of component cities and municipalities; and
(e) Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
Financially healthy and sustainable treasury operation services characterized by modern organization.
To pursue excellence in providing modern treasury services by embarking effective and efficient management of funds.
Proper fund management and ability to support the services and projects intended for the City