The most livable city for all.
To ensure an environmentally friendly, financially dynamic, pro-active, and self-reliant City Government.
To have well-informed and participative barangays and communities.
CCENRO Citizen’s Charter
Pursuant to City Ordinance No. 2234, otherwise known as “An Ordinance Creating the Cebu City Environment and Natural Resources Office (CCENRO) and Providing for its Tasks, Functions, Personnel and Appropriation Therefor,” enacted by the Sangguniang Panlungsod of the City of Cebu on April 16, 2010 and approved by City Mayor Tomas R. Osmeña on May 17, 2010.
Section 2 of C.O. 2234 provides that CCENRO “shall be established in order to take charge over the information, research, planning, implementation, management, monitoring, enforcement and evaluation of programs, services, projects and activities pertaining to the environment, such as but not limited to Urban Forestry Management and Development (UFMD) which Includes Tree Planting and Tree Growing; Integrated Solid Waste Management System (ISWMS); Wastewater Treatment; Air Pollution; Energy Management, which includes Research on the use of Renewable Energy, Water Resources, which includes potable and non-potable water; Noise Pollution; Mineral Resources and Eco-tourism Management through effective and efficient legislative enactment with the end view of attaining a balanced and healthful ecology for a better quality of life for the citizenry.”
The Office shall perform the following functions:
- Enforce/implement national laws and local ordinances regulating the emission/discharge of harmful substances to the atmosphere, and water system, solid waste management policies and directives, and recommend for the apprehension of violators and abatement of pollution;
- Manage the ecological and natural resources of the city, primarily promoting sustainability of local resources, such as but not limited to forests, watersheds, river coasts and fishing grounds;
- Implement programs for the protection and preservation of the environment, as well as rehabilitation of areas critically affected by industries, effects of natural calamities, result of man-made activities, etc;
- Provide technical assistance on policy and decision-making;
- Conduct continuing education for the city’s constituents stressing on environmental stewardship, awareness and responsibility;
- Gather and maintain records of environmental data, activities, assets and compliment and evaluate the state of environment of the City;
- Coordinate environmental activities within the territorial jurisdiction of the city and integrate it with environmental master plan; and
- Conduct research and adopt sustainable energy development strategies to reduce the city’s dependence on fossil fuels. (Section 7)
The CCENRO shall be composed of the following officers and units:
- Cebu City Environment and Natural Resources Officer (CCENRO);
- Assistant Department Head
- Administrative Unit
- Enforcement and Regulatory Unit
- Laboratory Unit
- Research and Development Unit
- Ecological Management Unit
- Next >>