Cebu City Public Library & Information Center
Founded on April 13, 1919
Vision: A prime gateway to knowledge and information facility providing a high-quality library services to people from all walks of life.
Mission: Provision of wide range of accessible materials in appropriate formats, a conducive environment for learning to enrich the educational, cultural, moral and intellectual well- being of the Cebu City residents thereby making them well informed and actively participate in the global economic process.
Mandate : To support general education and lifelong learning. ( RA7743)
Organizational Outcome : Well informed and globally competitive citizenry.
- Acquire, organize and make accessible all relevant informative materials in appropriate formats taking into consideration the needs, interest and socio-economic backgrounds of the community.
- Build a special collection that reflects the rich, cultural heritage of the Cebuanos that will stimulate growth in knowledge, develop literary, aesthetic appreciation and ethical standards.
- Strengthen the reading habits of children .
- Utilize electronic technologies for fast retrieval and easy access of information.
- Assist researchers who conduct in-depth, studies, investigate areas of knowledge to create new knowledge.
- Provide assistance to Barangay Reading Centers to make them more functional and responsive to their community needs.
- Provide opportunities for all library staff to participate training workshop and seminars for professional growth.