BRIEF INTRODUCTION AND/OR HISTORY
The Cebu City Tourism Commission is organized by the City Government as its implementing arm in the conceptualization and actualization of tourism related projects. It has also been commissioned control of application of licenses of tour agencies, operations, tour guides, hotels, restaurants and other related institution.
A responsive and effective body in showcasing Cebu as a tourist destination through its dynamic, innovative and relevant programs.
Stipulated in Ordinance No. 1068 Section 3 (General Purpose) and Section 4 (Specific functions and powers).
Ordinance No. 1068 states that:
- Section 3 - General Purposes
- To act as the implementing arm of the City Government in the achievement of policies and program for the development, promotion and supervision of tourism, in collaboration with the Ministry of Tourism, the Philippine Tourism Authority and other agencies, persons, or entities concerned with tourism; and
- To promote to the development of areas with potential tourism value, otherwise known as “tourist zones”.
- Section 4 - Specific Functions and Powers
In the furtherance of the aforestated purposes, and insofar as they do not encroach the powers and prerogatives of the Ministry of Tourism and the Philippine Tourism Authority, the Commission shall be charged and vested with the following functions and powers:
- To undertake studies on natural tourism resources and potentialities of the City of Cebu;
- To formulate a tourism development plan for the City of Cebu in collaboration with the Ministry of Tourism and the Philippine Tourism Authority;
- To coordinate with the Ministry of Tourism in the development of infrastructure requirements supporting a tourist zone;
- In coordination with the City Planning Board and Department of Planning and Development, as well as other appropriate agencies to formulate and implement zoning regulations within a tourist zone;
- In coordination with the Ministry of Tourism, to arrange for the preservation and/or restoration of city monuments, historical landmarks, and other tourist attractions;
- To recommend to the City Mayor to engage or retain and pay for the services of any professional or technical assistance from the private sector;
- To undertake fund raising campaigns such as cultural and benefit shows, etc. and to accept donations from any and all sources for city tourism development; and
- To do any and all acts necessary, convenient or expedient to carry out the purposes for which the commission is created and which are not violative to any law.
COMMISSIONERS AND OFFICERS
|City Mayor||Mayor Tomas R. Osmeña - Mayor, Cebu City
8th Flr., Executive Bldg., Cebu City Hall
|Chairman||Hon. Michael L. Rama - Vice-Mayor, Cebu City
Vice-Mayor's Office, G/Flr., Legislative Bldg., Cebu City Hall
|Consultant||Mrs. Margarita V. Osmeña - President, Cebu City Street Children Foundation
Parian, Cebu City
|Commissioner||Hon. Arsenio Pacaña - Councilor/Chairman, Committee on Tourism
Sangguniang Panlungsod, Legislative Bldg., Cebu City Hall
|Commissioner||Ms. Tetta Baad - VP, Marketing and Sales, Cebu Holdings, Inc.
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City
|Commissioner||Mrs. Ma. Cristina Garcia - President, Arts Council of Cebu
375-H Tojong St., Lahug, Cebu City
|Commissioner||Ms. Patria Aurora B. Roa - Regional Director, Department of Tourism VII
|Commissioner||Ms. Olivia Lynn Uy-Dizon - President, Victor Uy Foundation, 2041
M. J. Cuenco Ave., Mabolo Cebu City
|Commissioner||Mr. Philip Rodriguez - Designer/Proprietor, Pierre Angeli/Filipo
F. Ramos St., Cebu City
|Commissioner||Ms. Joan Y. Tiu - Manager, Wanderlanes Travel & Tours
Ginza Cmpd, Old Banilad Road, Cebu City
|Commissioner||Ms. Honey Jarque Loop - Columnist, Philippine Star
Bauhinia Drive, Banilad, Cebu City
|Commissioner||Mr. Joseph Davidson C. Gaisano Jr. - Proprietor, White Gold Club
North Reclamation Area, Cebu City
|Commissioner||Mr. Marco E. Protacio - General Manager, Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Salinas Drive, Lahug, Cebu City
|Commissioner||Ms. Joy Enrilen T. Benedicto - Executive Director, Benedict Ventures, Inc.|
Cebu City Tourism Commission
City Library Bldg. Osmeña Blvd.
Tel. No. (032) 412 4355
OIC: Ms. Malou Ouano Inocando-Tabar