The Cebu City Government created the Electronic Data Processing Department through Ordinance No. 1343 approved Mayor Tomas R. Osmeña in 1989 and later renamed to Management Information and Computer Services (MICS) through No. 1343 in the same year.
Integration of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS ) Center to MICS in 1999 was made possible through Ordinance No. 1831.
MICS shall take the lead in utilizing ICT in the Cebu City Government.
- Create and design city government-wide information systems needed for planning, decision-making and development
- Utilization and optimization of Information Communications Technology (ICT)
- Ensuring the procurement of ICT equipment and its services are optimal, of quality and be of benefit to the public‘s interest
- Rationalization on the development and maintenance of the computer systems
- Promote the development, retention and optimum utilization of qualified technical and managerial MICS personnel
LIST OF DIVISIONS
- Administrative Group
- Client Support Group
- Developers Group
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Center
- Technical Support Group
- Next >>